The Master of Arts in Art Education (MAAE) Program
The Master of Arts in Art Education, or MAAE, program targets students who want to become creative agents of change. The MAAE program prepares students for art focused careers in educational and social service institutions, community-based organizations, museums, galleries, public and private universities, and more.
MAAE Program Overview
The program’s structure is highly flexible. A total of 36 credit hours, which can be completed on a part-time or full-time basis, are required to graduate. Students pursue research and fieldwork in individualized, established settings.
Credit requirements include:
- Art Education Seminars – 6 Credit Hours
- Art Education Courses – 9 Credit Hours
- Art History or Visual Critical Studies – 3 Credit Hours
- Electives – 9 Credit Hours
- Professional Core – 9 Credit Hours
To learn more, please visit the School of the Art Institute of Chicago online and view their MAAE brochure.